Loose curls, chic slick backs and blonde bobs stole the red carpet scene at the Soul Train Music awards. African Pride was there, sponsoring and scouting the fabulous Black hair red carpet looks for everyday women to re-create, just in time for the holidays.
We took the top 6 styles of the evening and created easy steps for you to follow so that you, too, can exude your #BlackGirlMagic this season. Check out the how-tos for each style below!
Tisha Campbell’s chic chin-length bob can be achieved in two steps:
- After washing and conditioning with Olive Miracle 2 -n-1 Shampoo & Conditioner, apply a nickel-sized amount of Olive Miracle Leave-in Conditioner and blow-dry your hair straight.
- Use just a dollop of Olive Miracle Maximum Strengthening Growth Oil and flat iron in small pieces to achieve incredible straightness.
Naturi Naughton slayed with this sleek high pony. Here’s how you can recreate it:
- On clean, dry hair, apply a generous amount of Olive Miracle Silky Smooth Edges to your, temples, edges and the nape of your neck. Use a boar bristle brush to smooth up strands and secure with a cotton hair tie.
- Attach your faux ponytail and spray with Olive Miracle Maximum Strengthening Growth Sheen and flatiron to smooth and straighten.
Bridget Kelly’s slick ‘do is perfect for shorthaired relaxed beauties.
- After using your Deep Conditioning No-Lye Relaxer, apply Olive Miracle Anti-Breakage Leave-In Conditioner Crème to wet hair and comb back with a fine-tooth comb. Set under the dryer for 25 minutes.
- Blow-dry your hair for maximum sleekness with a comb attachment, and flatiron small pieces.
- Take a dollop of Olive Miracle Silky Smooth Edges, emulsify it in your hands, and smooth your strands back and into place.
- Bridget Kelly used black bobby pins to secure her tresses at the nape of her neck, but you can use gold, silver or bejeweled clips/pins.
Eva Marcille’s coif is perfect for naturals with a similar texture.
- Blow-dry your textured tresses to straighten just a bit.
- Smooth on your Olive Miracle Silky Smooth Edges down the length of your strands to set your style.
- Use a small, hard brush to set in place.
Erica Campbell’s shiny locks are actually a fabulous wig! Here’s how you can style your “crown”:
- For impeccable shine like Erica’s, use Olive Miracle Maximum Strengthening Growth Sheen before and after flat ironing.
For Felicia Benson Walker’s hairstyle loose curls:
- Use Moisturizer Lotion on clean hair to blow-dry tresses.
- After a blowout, use the African Pride Growth Oil to achieve silkiness.
- Curl your hair using a barrel curling iron.
- Spray African Pride Growth Oil Sheen, and then pulled ringlets apart.