It usually takes a big jolt to do something drastic to your hair. An overdue breakup with your boyfriend who everyone (but you) knew was bad for you, you just moved across the country to start your new career, or maybe it’s just as simple as something new for 2014. Whatever your reason is, NEW is always worth it!
But if you’re in denial (and I promise not to judge you), here are some obvious signs that you need to book an appointment for a new hairstyle today!
1. You find yourself lusting over other people’s hairstyles. – If you spend your days and nights swooning over celebrity hairstyles and crushing on that random stranger at the coffee shop, it’s time!
2. You’ve had the same style for so long it’s become popular, again. – You’ve sported your slanted bob since high school. Now at 35, you have the same style and it’s back in style. Anna Wintour is a prime example, and unless you have her bank account and private driver it’s no longer acceptable.
3. You pull your hair back (or up). Everyday. – Oh aren’t we all guilty of this. I was so geeked when my hair arrived unwillingly at ponytail length. It’s time for us to grab the scissors and take back our style.
4. You’ve just experienced a major life changing event. – Reward yourself with a new look. It’s the cool thing to do.
5. Styling your hair is depressing. – I know not everyone is a natural born hairstylist. But you should at least like styling your hair. If you’ve come to that part of your hair journey where you hate tackling your tresses, it’s time!
6. No one compliments your hairstyle, ever. – This one should be the last straw for you. If you’re out with your girlfriends and everyone is raving about so and so’s hair, but didn’t notice you were even standing there–yep, it’s time!
2014 has arrived! What new style will you be trying? Share your ideas in the comment section below.
MORE ON TALKING TEXTURE: